Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Invitations

I left off in my book at chapter four, Invitations. Bella had her first dream of Edward, which made her think about him even more than she did! It was a month after the incident of the car collision, from which Edward had saved her. Tyler Crowley was still apologizing for it, when obviously he didn't need to. Bella was starting to get annoyed. It's not like she needed more people talking to her. She also thought how that entire accident happened. She had gotten out of her car, a few spaces down from Edwards. A few seconds later, her head flung against the hard pavement and she was miraculously in Edward's arms. Bella still wondered how he had save her in that amount of time. In the parking lot, Bella encountered Mike. He asked her to ask him to the spring dance? Bella instantly said no. She wasn't good at dancing and secretly in her mind she knew she wanted to go with Edward. Later in Biology class, Edward talked to her. "'Im sorry.' He sounded sincere. 'I'm being very rude, I know. But it's better this way, really.' I opened my eyes. His face was very serious. 'I don't know what you mean,' I said, my voice guarded. 'It's better if were not friends,' he explained. "Trust me.'"(74) This made Bella think. After Edward had said that to her, she was confused. He had first been so nice to her, but then didn't want to be friends? As the days went on Bella couldn't quite "read" Edward. She knew she adored him, but did he feel the same way? Then One day Edward asked Bella something that was unexpected. He wanted to know if she wanted a ride up to Seattle, since she was not going to the dance. Bella's heart fluttered as they talked. Soon they would be sitting together in a car, driving alone.

No comments: