Sunday, December 14, 2008

Silver Medalist

For the last blog I did I found a very interesting article on the Marshmallow Experiment which was on the Edina Public Schools website. So for this weeks blog I wanted to find another article and I found one about our very school. Edina High School was ranked as a Silver Medalist according to U.S. News & World Report. Edina is among the top 2% of all the high schools in the nation. The rank was based on standardized tests of ALL students and college readiness scores. As a whole, Edina got a 51.4 for the college readiness scores. It was the highest out of all high schools in Minnesota and no gold medalists were given out in our state. “It’s an honor to be recognized as a Silver Medalist School,” said Bruce Locklear, principal of EHS. “Our goal is very simple: we want to reach and teach all students.” That is exactly how it is at Edina too! I thought this was so cool that we got ranked this high. I am proud to go to Edina and be apart of this community!

No comments: