Sunday, March 22, 2009

blog 15: overcoming the odds

For this weeks blog I ended up reviewing this book I just finished for the second time. I absolutely love Jodi Picoult books and have read numerous of them. This book, My Sisters Keeper, is one my favorites and it always gets to me. I have two other sisters in my family which I am very close with so it is easy for me to relate to this book. The book is about one of the sisters, Kate, who has leukemia and the other is basically in the same position and her name is Anna. Anna does not have leukemia or any other sickness, but she might as well be called that. She has gone through numerous surgeries, transfusions, and shots for her older sister’s leukemia. This book goes through many obvious experiences about overcoming the odds. I will not share how it ends but you can obviously see the Anna has to overcome the odds every day. She could completely not agree to any of the surgeries and just live a normal life. Instead, she chooses to sick with it for the sake of her sister.

No comments: