Tuesday, May 19, 2009

blog 5-prep

For this week’s blog I have decided to write a letter to Cross in the perspective of Lee. At this point in the story I think it is crucial that everyone knows that Lee and Cross did hook up. Ever since then they haven’t talked. Lee is absolutely in love with Cross but I think it is not mutual. Many times Martha tries to tell Lee that he is not the guy for her, but she still tries to go for him. After a few more hook ups and no more “speaking in public” Lee realizes that Cross was just using her. She approaches him in the gym alone trying to get him to fess up, and finally he does. He tells her that he would never date her and she is heartbroken. This part in the story is really sad. If I were in Lee’s position this is what I would have written to Cross.

Dear Cross,

Who are you trying to fool here? The times that you would come wake me up in the middle of the night trying to hook up with me meant nothing to you. I use to think that you were the perfect guy with everything going for you; the athletics, the brains, the social skills, and the looks. I was completely wrong. After what you did to me none of those apply to you. I don’t understand how long you could keep this up and then move on to the next girl. It is absolutely upsetting to me that you would try to use me and then after we would graduate and you would never have to see me again. I can tell you that I can’t wait until the day we graduate this place and I never have to see you again.

-Lee

Even though this “letter” was harsh I think that’s what Lee should have done. Even though she never spoke to Cross again after this whole situation she still never told him how he had made her feel.

No comments: