Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Departure

The next few days had been a blur for Bella. After the whole incident Edward had been different. Almost as if he wasn’t telling her something. It was confusing because the other day he had been the happiest man in the world. Bella walked through the halls with his silence and couldn’t take it anymore. As soon as he beat her home from school that day, she knew something was up. The moment he said, “Come for a walk with me,” (67) in a flat toned voice Bella knew that this was bad. As soon as they took nearly twenty steps in the woods they started to talk. Edward said he was moving on. Bella couldn’t breath. She just looked in his golden eyes and couldn’t move when the words came pouring out of his mouth. She couldn’t figure out if this was one of her stupid nightmares again or real. Edward thought it was the best and in return he said, “I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed.” (71) The tears suddenly came out of her eyes. The thought overwhelmed her and she didn’t understand why he was doing this to her. “It will be as if I’d never existed,” ran through Bella’s head, over and over again. When i read this part of the book, in New moon, i actually started crying. The way Stephenie Meyer describes her pain makes it seem real and that your in that position. I absolutely cannot imagine what Bella is feeling right now!

No comments: