Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Moon

For Second Quarter, I have been reading the sequel to the Twilight book, New Moon, by Stephenie Meyer. The first one was really good and it led right off to the second. A quote I picked was about Bella in the first chapter. It described the beginning of the new book and played out a lot of the rest of the book. “I woke up with a start- my eyelids popping open wide- and gasped. Dull gray light, the familiar light of an overcast morning, took the place of the blinding sun in my dream. Just a dream, I told myself. It was only a dream.” (pg 6) Many times in this book, Bella has dreams that foreshadow what will happen next. If you kept reading on from this quote you would find out that it was Bella’s birthday and the significance of it. The fact that Edward is seventeen for life makes it hard on Bella, because she had now just turned one year older. This causes many problems for the two.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

As you know I just began Twilight and I can't get enough of it! I can't wait to read new moon!