Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Choice

Over the break my mom suggested I read the book, The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I had heard of his other books The Guardian, Message in a Bottle, and I am obsessed with the movie A Walk to Remember, which was based on his book, so I decided to take her offer. I am completely surprised and now I can’t wait to read his other books. The book was amazing! The way he writes is very unique and keeps you interested. The Choice is about a man named Travis Parker. He is a perfect bachelor who has the perfect life. He is a well paid veterinarian, lives in a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina, and has a great group of friends. All of his friends have gotten married and have nice sized families. They always nag him about not having a girlfriend and he wonders when he will finally find the one. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. At first Travis tries to be friendly but she ignores the neighborly requests and tries to find something wrong with him. She had a boyfriend, right? I soon predicted that Travis wasn’t just trying to be neighborly, he really adored Gabby.

No comments: